July 6-8, 2022
AVAILABLE NOW ON DEMAND!
15 Workshops & Master Classes
Panels with Broadway’s Finest Artists
Resource Materials & Classroom Guides
Earn 20 Hours of Certified Professional Development
3 Graduate Level Credits (optional)
The Broadway Teachers Workshop Online was born out of necessity in 2020 and opened up the renowned program to participants all over the world, with a full slate of interactive online workshops, master classes and panels with Broadway’s finest artists and your peers across the globe. We’ve since discovered a whole new audience who (Covid aside) were interested in the program but unable logistically to get to NYC each summer, so we’ve decided to continue the online option along with our in-person event.
The Broadway Teachers Workshop, started in 2000, is an annual conference designed to inspire teachers and directors of middle school, high school, college and community theatres with new teaching methods, enhanced production skills and an exchange of ideas with peers and professional Broadway artists. While the New York-based conference offers in-person experience and tickets to four shows, the Online Conference offers hours of best practices from Broadway, sparkly guests, peer networking and invaluable resources, accessible from your home or school all summer long.
The Broadway Teachers Workshop Online includes 15 Information-packed workshop sessions to bring best practices from Broadway to your school or local theatre program, 2 curated networking sessions tailored to your interests, resources and take-ways for every session, a dedicated online networking portal, certification for 20 hours of Professional Development and the option to earn 3 Graduate Level Credits through UNLV.
Our workshops offer a unique blend of inspiration, creative replenishment, and methodology/best practices from Broadway – applied to your program for enhanced classroom learning. The 2022 Workshop lineup included:
- Directing Plays: Scene Study: With actors from Broadway’s TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD
- Directing Musicals: Musical Theatre Scene Study: With actors from Broadway’s COMPANY
- Focus on Blocking: Methodology, tips and tricks
- Introduction to Directing: For those new to the field; casting, scheduling, blocking, design, sales.
- Comedy: What are the fundamentals of comedy? Staging? Timing? Casting? Style? Learn from one of Broadway’s greatest comic directors.
- Costume/Scenic Design Concepts: Reimagining productions for your space
- Projections: Love/Hate/New Frontiers
- Body Microphones: Building your kit and making the most of what you have
- Selling Your Vision: the Drama Teacher as Producer: Building strong collaborations with administration, community, and student body
- Intimacy Direction: Choreographing intimate moments on stage and navigating sensitive subject matter.
- Creating Consensual Spaces: Making your room safe, playful, and nurturing for students and faculty alike.
- Diversity and Inclusion: On Broadway and in your Program.
- Path To Broadway: Up close with Broadway’s finest Performers.
- Careers on Broadway: Explore the many different paths to open to someone wanting to work in the Broadway community.
- Musical Theatre Auditions
- Networking and Peer Sessions: Discussion groups, Matchmaking, and Connectivity throughout the conference.
- MTI Session: Repertoire, New Technology and Being part of the MTI family.
The 2022 BTW ONLINE will be hosted via on a premium virtual conference platform that allows for personalized profiles, curated matchmaking for networking with your peers, high quality content and reference materials & resources, and the ability to personally interact with teaching artists, Broadway guests and each other!
The 2022 Broadway Teachers Workshop ONLINE tuition is $299, including all Workshops, Master Classes, Broadway Legends Fireside Chats, Networking events and exclusive access to Resource and Reference Materials for classroom use. All recordings and resources will remain available to participants through August 31, 2022.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT HOURS
Participants in the Broadway Teachers Workshop receive a certificate verifying 20 hours of professional development training.